• When the body forms new collagen fibres to mend the damage
• When your body produces too much collagen
• When underlying supporting skin is lost
• When skin gets stretched rapidly (during pregnancy or growth of spurts
• It may even occur due to acne, chicken pox or infections
• Scare occurs at the site of tissue damage and appears as a firm red to purple.
• Over time, scars flatter and become lighter in color.
• Scars can have a pitted appearance
• Skin healing process results in scars.
Usually, there is no pain or physical discomfort associated with the scars. Several options like surgical excision, laser treatment, radiation, and steroid injection are used to remove spots with an ugly appearance. However, the case of more extensive scars located on elbows or knees affect mobility, and there is no treatment to remove such marks.